Wednesday, March 3, 2010

RODEO

Last night some friends invited us to go to the Houston Rodeo with them. They had received free tickets from some people in their church, Kyle's a student minister also, and we gladly accepted free, good seats to the first night of the rodeo. I don't have any western attire so I didn't fit in, but Hallie was looking cute in her overalls. We didn't get there in enough time to eat the good food outside, and I was pretty bummed about not getting any deep fried oreos or a turkey leg! (Both actually don't sound good to me at all, but we did hear on the way to the rodeo that Freebirds was out there this year.) So we got our pizzas from inside the stadium and enjoyed some good bull riding, calf roping, barrell racing, and, of course, mutton bustin'. How country do I sound? The bulls were on their game, too; only 2 bull riders rode for 8 seconds, and we saw two kids hold onto the sheep for the full 8 seconds which I've never seen happen. Hallie fell asleep during the mutton busting, but Isabella enjoyed every minute. She was dancing to the music and mesmerized by the lights and fireworks. She was probably just as much fun to watch as everything else.

2 comments:

Journaling Gina said...

I can't believe how big she is....and what a cutie!

Kayla Saadeh said...

I agree with Gina! Glad you guys had fun!