Saturday, July 2, 2011

Frozen Cappuccino Punch

This recipe is my go to for any party in the morning or late at night, but I don't have it saved anywhere. So, I thought if I put it on the blog it would be easy to find, and it would give the very few people who read this (if anyone does after not posting for a year) a chance to use the recipe also. I'm going to be using this in a couple of weekends for a Kristi's housewarming party. I'm excited to taste it again.

Frozen Cappuccino Punch

1/2 C sugar
1/4 C instant coffee granules
1 C boiling water
8 C milk
1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
1 qt chocolate ice cream, softened

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and coffee. Stir in boiling water until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, pour coffee mixture into a 1 gallon punch bowl. Stir in milk. Add scoops of ice cream. Stir until melted.

I made one little tweak to the recipe by adding more chocolate ice cream because more chocolate makes everything better. Maybe this tidbit of blogging with get me back in the swing of blogging.

No comments: