Friday, September 4, 2009

Like her Dad!

This evening after getting home from Hallie's doctor appointment, I had planned to be productive and get some work done since my office hours have been pretty skimpy as of late.  BUT...I ended up having an awesome night hanging out with Lacey and with my baby girl sleeping on my chest (I love it when she does that).  We just laid around, and it was great...she is so precious...I can't help but stare at her.  And now Hallie and I are up late.  Well, she just fell asleep.  It's probably not a good thing, but she is already like me in that her days and nights are a little mixed up.  She stays up late, likes to sleep alot, and likes to eat a whole lot...sounds like her dad to me.  The only difference is that she is so cute while she does it all.  I am so proud to be her daddy!  "God, help me to love Hallie the way you call me to love her.  Help me to love her sacrificially.  Thank you for her.  She is a beautiful gift from you.  I give her back over to you--She is yours."  Although she seems to be like me now, I pray that Hallie becomes more like her heavenly Dad everyday of her life.

2 comments:

Journaling Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Journaling Gina said...

Ok...Suzanne clued me in about the blog and I just have to say that between the two of you...you've made me cry over Logan and rejoice with you over the wonderful things God is doing in your lives. I am so proud of you two!

Prayers lifted often for you!
Gina