Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Date Night

A friend of ours told us on Sunday that she would keep Hallie if Philip and I wanted to have a date night before he left for Africa, and we took her up on it last night. I dropped the tot (as Philip likes to call her) off at the Oehler's and went to pick Philip up from school. His eyes were bothering him so badly yesterday that my mom had to drive him into Houston for class because he couldn't drive. When he got in the car he looked so excited because he had already decided where we were going--to have greek food at Yia Yia Mary's.We've only been there one other time so I was surprised by his choice, but it was definately a good one. My scallops and asparagus were amazing, and Philip loved his beef and shrimp souvlakis. We made a stop at Starbucks, a stop at Target, and then a stop at Wal-Mart before we started home. It was a really fun and relaxing evening. Thanks Laurie.

The Oehlers seemed to have fun with Hallie, and Laurie took a couple of really cute pictures.She looks so old in this picture!Love it!

When we got home Philip started work again on the pantry. He wants to get it done before he leaves, and it's looking amazing. Last night he finished the shelves and started the floor. I will post pictures soon of my handyman's beautiful work. I'm so proud of him for tackling this by himself.

1 comment: