Friday, October 16, 2009

Philip's Travel Day(s)

Philip left for Africa yesterday at about 8:30 a.m. with Kristi (crossinghome.blogspot.com) and Kyle (chapmanfamilychatter.blogspot.com). They made it to Virginia about 3:30 and then found out that their flight to Dakar was delayed until this morning at 7:00 because of mechanical problems. I think they were a little disappointed, but the airline gave them hotel vouchers and they decided to drive to D.C. and do some sight-seeing so they made the most of it. Philip can fill you in more on their experience there, but I'll share that none of them had any cold weather clothing because they were going from 90° Houston weather to similar weather in Africa and it was 48° and rainy in the capitol city. Ha. I have to say that I've been a little jealous of him going on this trip all along, but then him getting to see the capitol may have pushed me really close to full blown envy. I'm okay though; while he was doing that I went to Hobby Lobby with my mom and Hallie and bought supplies to make a fall wreath for our front door. Exciting!

Now the saga continues. When they got to the airport this morning to leave at 7:00, their flight was delayed again. I talked to Philip this morning after they found out about the flight and he told me that he had taken Dramamine at 6:30 so it would be working when they left, and he sounded like he might pass out at any moment because it wasn't the non-drowsy kind. I may have laughed at him and suggested that he just lay on the floor and go to sleep, but he quickly dismissed that suggestion. Finally, at nearly 10:00 he sent a text that said they were boarding the plane. It also said that he had just fallen asleep on the floor!

Hallie and I went to the high school football game tonight to help with program sales. It was homecoming, and Hallie looked so cute in her football bow and with her little mum. She slept the whole time we were there. We left after half time, and Philip called while we were on our way home at 8:45 to let me know they had gotten to the Lees' house. They are 5 hours ahead there and supposed to leave early in the morning to go into a village. Pray for energy while they are there. They had an exhausting couple of days of travel and aren't going to get much sleep tonight.

Here's a couple of pictures of Hallie after the game.

Pray for Africa, the Lees and their ministry to the Sereer people, and Philip, Kristi, and Kyle while they are there.

No comments: