Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cake Auction

A friend of several of our students has Pediatric MS. She's been on our prayer request list a few times because she's had to stay in the hospital because her symptoms were so bad. This weekend there is going to be a cake auction at GCM High School to raise money for Pediatric MS and to inform people on what the illness is.

I made this cake this summer for Shahla's going away Luau.
I was pretty proud of it, and now I told our students that I would bake a cake for the auction (without reminding myself that it took 2 days to make that cake!) So now I'm looking for direction. Whenever someone tells me to do whatever I want I freeze up; it is not liberating. I think I'm leaning toward a red and black cake for GCM, but I don't know. I'll let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Journaling Gina said...

That cake is precious! You go girl!

The Sims II said...

How about making one a patriot? Or something like a hamburger, two white cakes as the buns, chocolate cake as the burger, and icing as the condiments? I made cookies like that once and they were a hit!! anyway good luck, your last cake is beautiful!!